Preparation PREPKIT C
Normal Endoscopy pictures
Procedure day Check List
Admission Form 1
Admission Form 2
Instructions on bowel preparation
Three days before the test:
- IRON TABLETS must be stopped.
Two days before the test:
- Adopt a low fibre diet eliminating ceral, nuts, grainy bread, seeds, fruit and vegetables. You can eat fish/meat/rice/pasta/eggs/potatoes/white bread, dairy products.
- If you suffer from constipation go to Preparation PREPKIT C.
One day before the test:
- There are 2 sachets of Pico-prep, dissolve each one in a glass of
warm water then cool in the fridge as it tastes better cold.
- From the time you wake up, you can only drink clear fluids, so
no breakfast, no solid food or dairy products the whole day.
- You can have: water, fruit juice with no pulp eg. clear apple juice
(but not tomato or orange), soup you have strained, stock cubes, soft
drinks, cordial and tea/coffee without milk. You may also have lollies
and jelly but avoid the red/black/purple ones.
- It is important to drink as much as possible to avoid dehydration.
- At 2pm (or you may start after work) drink one glass of Pico-prep
over 15 minutes, then drink a couple more glasses of water. The bowel
washout that follows is variable but should start 1-2 hours later. If
you feel sick, call us or drink the next glass more slowly, say over
- At 6pm or 4 hours after the first dose take the second glass of Pico-prep
followed by 2 glasses of water
- You should drink plenty of fluid to avoid dehydration.
- You can continue fluids until 6 hours before the test then nothing
can be taken except important medications with a sip of water.